Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Freezer Paper Stenciled T-shirts


OK, where was this idea when I was growing up?! My nieces came over to play in my craft room and made freezer paper stenciled t-shirts. +Joy Tracey made a great tutorial for this technique. I had the girls watch it before we got started...


I didn’t have my Silhouette Cameo hooked up yet, so I helped them design their stencils with the Gypsy and we cut them out with the Cricut. The process was actually pretty fast. Once they chose their designs (this took the longest) and plugged everything into the Gypsy, the rest was a piece of cake! I steered them to choose simple designs for our first time. We’ll tackle a little more complicated design the next go ‘round.

Ellie wanted to paint an anchor on hers…

003
T-shirts from Justice, Tulip Soft Fabric paint in Grape.
001 002


Ava had her phrase all picked out, we just had to find the right fonts AND her dolphin!

006
Tulip Soft fabric paints in Grape and mix of Ebony/Glacier White to make the gray dolphin.

I have to say, they came out pretty good for a first try. I was skeptical that the freezer paper would leak, but I ironed it really well for good measure and it was stuck. They want to come back and make another after we go paint color shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Great work, Ellie, Ava, and Aunt Wendy! I see a business developing here. All the "kids" will want one of those shirts. Love you ladies, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Linda! We had a blast. I didn't get to make MINE yet! Love you too!

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!