Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hydrangeas Blog Hop!

 photo hydrangeas_hop_badge_rsz_zps8964cf2c.jpg
A few days late, but here's my blog hop project! Luckily my husband is pretty computer savvy. I thought I lost all my hard work!
I love  +Club Scrap's  paper kits, but sadly I am a CS paper hoarder...
8.5x11 sheets and 12x12 collections

Pounds and pounds of paper!

12x12 collections
It may not look like that much, but that is 5 years worth of monthly kits. I just have a hard time cutting that paper! A few years ago I switched my club membership to digital, but I miss the paper so much. Especially when the backgrounds are as awesome as the Hydrangea papers are this month. With the club memberships we get Idea Recipe cards: a Layout card with a diagram and cutting instructions, swatch cards with paper samples, and Collection UM and Borders and  Backgrounds cards with the stamp images. I used the swatch cards to help me digitally recreate the paper kit along with the kit and color details included in the Hydrangea Scrap Rap.
CS Swatch Card






I was pleased with the results! Here's the layout I created with my new "paper" kit...
Layout made using the September 2013 Take Wing recipe card
Last week I participated in "app happy Wednesday". It was a linky party hosted by +Barb Brookbank  for phone app photography. I discovered the Waterlogue app and snapped pictures of all my new spring blooms. The app turns your photo into a watercolor painting. I used Pics Play Pro to add the text before I converted the image to a watercolor. Fun stuff! 
And last, but not least I made coconut-lime sugar scrub and used the Hydrangeas font, Realize my Passion, to make the labels for my jarred sugar scrub. It smells sooooo good! Kudos to Our Best Bites for an fabu recipe!
Check out +Karen's  awesome project at Club Scrap Creates

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!