Sunday, October 23, 2011

Faux Metallic Marvels Technique a.k.a Dressed Up Doodles

 

 Live-your-Song-Faux-Metalli

I loved this 2009 Club Scrap stamping technique and wanted to copy the technique for digital embellishments. I found the coolest tutorial on Scrapper’s Guide, which is a fantastic resource for detailed instructions for digital scrapping by the way!  I use Photoshop Elements for digital scrapping/picture editing and the instructions on Scrapper’s Guide are written for PSE and Photoshop.

I started by opening the leaf digi stamp image from the 2009 Club Scrap Natural Resources digital kit and copied the image. Working with the copy, I opened the gradient tool and chose linear gradient, and changed my black stamp image to violet, green, orange. Then I started with step 3 of the Scrapper’s Guide Dressed Up Doodles instructions. I loved how it came out, so I “dressed up” the sentiment stamp image too. Really neat how it looks like an embossed stamp image.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and thanks for sharing how you did this - now I'll have to spread my wings as I just get the digi kit now :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!