Monday, August 4, 2014

August Break 2014 Day 4



Yesterday my aunt posted this on her blog...



This is a picture my uncle drew in 1979 of my grandparent's front yard. So many good memories in that house. I couldn't have asked for better grandparents. Anytime we were visiting them, the focus was on us. When I saw this picture I immediately closed my eyes and I can still see every room in their house. I loved that little house with the hardwood floors and the window unit in the dining room that we LOVED to stand in front of! Memaw cooking in the kitchen, Papaw taking us on adventures around the yard...We always sat down together at the table to eat, my favorite time. I loved the table conversations. My sister and I loved to spend the night with them. First thing in the morning, we would wake up to the smell of coffee and bacon frying. My sister and I would  put on our robes and slippers and sit at the little kitchen table while Memaw made us coffee milk. She and Papaw drank Folger's instant coffee and she would heat up the water in the kettle on the stove. The whistle was what usually woke us up! Those are some happy memories.

Today's photo prompt, orange. I bought this years ago because it reminded me of the whistling kettle at Memaw and Papaw's house.

My whistling kettle.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to my blog, Wendy. And thanks for joining in on our fun time on Facebook with your uncle's drawing. Your teakettle is super! Love that orange! Hugs, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!