Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Club Scrap “Trees” Blog Hop

Trees Blog Hop Badge_rev photo Trees_Hop_Badge_zps35358256.jpg
Welcome to my stop on the Club Scrap Trees Blog Hop! If you started the hop on the Club Scrap Creates Blog, you are in the right place. If not, keep in mind that you can access the whole list of participants from there at any time.
We are going to put in a pool this summer and landscape our yard. I have always wanted a Japanese cherry tree…

I want one in the backyard so that I can sit underneath it when it blooms. The National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC started on the 20th. Oh, I would love to go one day! Bottom line, cherry trees were on my mind when I planned my Trees blog hop project.
I get the monthly Club Scrap digi kit. I have been in a paper card making mood lately and thought I would make a hybrid card for the hop.  I made the background of my card in Photoshop Elements and printed it on Club Scrap card stock.
Print preview
I wanted to make my own rub ons so that my card it looked less digital and found this neat video. You can make rub ons with transparency film…


I chose a sentiment from the Trees digi kit and flipped the image horizontally, then printed on transparency film.
013
I placed it on my prepared hybrid layer while the ink on the transparency film was still wet and rubbed it with a bone folder. It looks like I stamped it!

I wanted to make the tree image into a Japanese cherry tree. I found some pink vellum and I bought the Martha Stewart cherry blossom punch. (Could I have used a cheap flower punch, yes, but I wanted that cherry blossom punch!) I folded the flowers in half to make them dimensional instead of flat. The edges of the flowers are inked with Memento Rose Bud ink and Stickles Glitz in Ruby Slippers for the center.
007
And the finished card…
003
The flowers took forever, but making them reminded me of gluing tissue paper to our homecoming float in high school! Mind numbing, but totally worth the end result.
Your next stop is Karen at clubscrapcreates.blogspot.com. Refresh your coffee and hop over to see what she has to share! Thanks for looking and have a FABULOUS day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!